Thursday, March 30, 2017

A Bump in the Road to American University of the Caribbean

Today I received a call from the office of admissions at American University of the Caribbean. My heart began to race. Are they calling me to tell me that I got accepted? After all, the lady on the other end of the line sounded quite jolly. Womp womp! It was one of the calls that I was dreading.

"Hi, Sammy! We would like to know what happened with the BTMD program. Can you please tell us about your experience in the program. Why didn't you complete it? If you did complete it, then why did you not pass it?"

I tried to stay as cool and calm as possible. I said, "Sure. I will write a letter to explain what happened right now. I will email you soon."

As soon as I hung up the phone I began to cry. I know that this will be a very bad look on my application. I failed BTMD. A program that was once supposed to be a bridge to my dreams of becoming a medical doctor now stands in the way between me and an acceptance. This program that I once thought was a dream come true can now become the ultimate nightmare.

I wrote the explanation letter through a stream of tears. I sacrificed so much to even make it through BTMD. Why does the experience have to play a role into whether or not AUC will accept me? Why? Why? Why? 😭😭😭😭😭

Anyways, it is what it is. The waiting game has just gotten longer for me. I thought that I could get MERPed by AUC but now that they know that I did not pass BTMD, they might not even see me as a candidate anymore. Although I would have declined a MERP offer if it was given to me, it would not hurt as much as a flat out rejection from AUC.

Now that I have gotten these thoughts off of my chest, I send out positive vibes to the universe. If someone out there can truly hear me, please let me get an acceptance into AUC! PLEASE!

#AUC #Accepted #SpeakItIntoExistence

No comments:

Post a Comment