Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Waiting Game: Accepted, Waitlisted, or Rejected?

American University of the Caribbean (AUC) OR Trinity School of Medicine (TSOM)


 
Only 2 Caribbean medical school applications remain. Only 2 Caribbean Medical Schools that I am giving a serious thought about attending. These 2 schools are American University of the Caribbean and Trinity School of Medicine. What will be my fate with these schools?

I had an interview with Trinity School of Medicine last week. I had an interview with American University of the Caribbean this week. As I anxiously wait on their decision, I am still in a little bit of disbelief that I even got this far. Medical schools have flat out rejected me without even trying to hear my story or get to know me. Besides AUA who interviews ALL of their applicants, no school gave me a second thought after looking at my GPA. This gives me hope that I will be accepted. While I do want to avoid disappointment and be realistic with the outcome, I do remain very optimistic that this time things will go my way. The results will be in my favor.

A Sign

Today at work I sat down all by myself in the reception hall. I could not stop thinking about what the outcome will be for AUC and Trinity. I asked for a sign and I received it. First, a coworker passed through the hall and said, "Hey, Sammy! You are the best!" That was kind of random. But I appreciated it. As I smiled, a cloud moved out of the way in the sky and the sun was all of a sudden beaming at me. When I say beaming, I mean it was beeeeeaming. The light was so bright that it could blind my eyes. I took this as a sign that was simply telling me not to worry. No matter what happens, I will be okay. The sun will continue to shine my way.

Bob Marley "Three Little Birds (Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright)


No comments:

Post a Comment