Friday, March 31, 2017

Trinity School of Medicine: ACCEPTED!!!!

It is official and I could not be any more excited!! Trinity School of Medicine has accepted me!! Woohoooooooooooo!! I am in the clouds! This is a dream come true to get a direct acceptance into medical school. I still cannot believe that it is happening.


The Telephone Call

After I received the email informing me that the school had reached a decision, I was so nervous. They asked for the best time to call me because they wanted to deliver the news to me over the phone. I had a feeling that it would be good news at that point. I still did not want to give myself a false sense of hope though. After all, I had too many disappointments in the past. I told them to call me before 1:30 PM.

My phone rang at almost 1:00 PM on the dot. "Ms. Sammy, we just wanted to deliver the good news to you over the phone that you were accepted into Trinity School of Medicine!" My heart began to beat so fast as I heard each word one by one. I had to take a moment to catch my breath. A moment of silence occurred for nearly 30 seconds. Before I could even say, "Thank you", I burst into tears. Tears of joy!! I received news that I have waited to hear for over a decade! I got into medical school!

I GOT ACCEPTED INTO TRINITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE!

The Next Step

I will be matriculating into the May 2017 incoming class at Trinity. I will receive a financial aid package and list of things that I must get before I come down to St. Vincent & The Grenadines which is where Trinity is located. Classes begin on May 8th but new students must report to the island by May 2nd. I will try to be down there by April 30th in order to settle in. I am so ecstatic about this next step in my journey to MD. I will keep you all posted step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment